Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Eve 05/06

Met Colleeeeee outside The Graduate at 7.20 or thereabouts. We headed to the recently re-named EuroSpar to stock up on booze for the night. For some reason I had it in my head that I had to drink Malibu and nothing was going to change my mind. It soon became clear that the only bottles of Malibu sold in EuroSpar were the midgety 20cl ones. Clearly not enough! After much consideration, I almost decided to settle for some bacardi, a poor substitution for the seriously easy going taste of Malibu. It was just then that I spotted it. The reassuring white neck of a 70cl bottle of Malibu standing tall and proud like a soldier cleverly hidden behind a bottle of Pimms. I knew I would eventually find Malibu and promptly bought it. As it happens, it was worth looking for as the bottle was accompanied by a free promotional Shaggy mini cd. This was slightly worrying as it probably meant the bottle was dangerously out of date however I reasoned with myself that being out of date would probably add to the seriously easy going experience. So content with the Malibu and two subsequently acquired cartons of tropical juice (there was no pineapple juice), Colleeee and I headed back out to the Graduate to wait for Joanne to pick us up. She arrived 5 minutes later in Mark's car and as we got in the car I was given a stern talking to by Mark for sitting in the front. People just don't appreciate the torture associated with long legged people sitting in the back of cars. On our way back to Joanne's via Karine's, I became concerned that Joanne's freezer would not contain enough ice for the several dozen malibu and tropical juices I was planning on drinking. My solution was to call Emsy who was due to arrive in Joanne's house soon and put in an order for several boxes of ice cubes. As it turns out Joanne's fridge was more than adequately stocked with ice and Emsy arrived with enough ice to freeze an army. Ah well, you can never have enough ice! I also discovered that ice has more than one use when I got an enjoyable reaction from skillfully throwing an ice cube betwixed Emsy's breasts. Several glasses of malibu and an uncountable number of renditions of KT Toadstool's Black Horse and a Cherry Tree later, we travelled to Cakes' through the medium of Joanne's, Clare's and Al's respective cars. I accompanied Karine and Lombard in Jo's car and as always insisted on travelling with the roof off.

From the moment I arrived at Cakes' there was an unbearable pressure on me to score Karine. People seemed a little too disappointed at our lack of public displays of affection but I'm sorry. I just can't work under those kind of conditions! Soon after arriving at Cakes' we attempted a dangerous stunt that could have potentially ended in several broken backs. Lucky Karine was too chicken to go through with it and therefore probably saved us all from spending the rest of our lives drinking dinner through a straw. Having not bought any beer due to my earlier mission to drink malibu, I found myself at a bit of a loose end. I was suffering from serious beer withdrawl symptoms and the sickly sweet taste of malibu was not agreeing with me. I made up with beer and promised it I would never leave it again. The only problem was I had none! I spotted a near full crate of MGD on the table that blatantly wasn't mine. I was too sober to have a small enough conscience to steal one myself and so sent Emsy on a special mission to test her courage and stamina. She passed the mission which resulted in a nice cool MGD in my hand.

Midnight passed without any major incidents. Don't remember much after that. Apparently myself and Karine tried to make babies while fully clothed. Also I remember calling Stef from Colleee's phone pretending to be Col but have no idea what I said to her :-/As always photos/memories from the night would be most welcome.

Now away with ye...

No comments: